12.22.2005

Black is for sissies

Whoa, it's been a while. It seems my blogging comes in fits and spurts, sorry.

Well, the semester has finally, officially been wrapped up. The end was marked by my submission of a paper just moments ago. Yes, the paper was submitted after grades were turned in. I don't understand it either. Then again, I don't understand most things about that class, or that professor. On the bright side, the paper is actually what I think turned out to be a brilliant expository piece on what makes a good educator. Not to toot my own horn here (because I'm BLARING it!), but it is a rather well-worded treatise. If you would like to read it, email me and I'll send it to you. I'd hate to bore the masses with my handful of pages worth of pearls! Pearls, I tell you!!

My sweetie flew home to El Paso today for Christmas, as is his custom. His flight was very early and I got stuck in terrible traffic on the way back from the airport. It sucked. It sucks more that this is our fifth Christmas together that we'll be spending apart. I realize that some couples aren't even married as long as we've been dating, and it seems cosmically unfair to me that those people get to have Christmas together but we don't. Meh.

Anyway, since we won't be seeing each other on Christmas, we did our gift exchange last night. I GOT SOME SWEET LOOT!!! My offerings of a snappy-looking shirt, A Brief History of Time, some mad money and a really cool computer game that his machine may not even run (I didn't know that when I bought it) pale in comparison to what he got me - a GameCube!!! The man who swore he would never defile the sanctity of his gaming center with a Nintendo product actually bought a GameCube for me, AND he set it up! During Thanksgiving, I spent an unhealthy amount of time playing various games on his brother's GameCube, and lamented the fact that I didn't own one. He listened! And, boy, did he deliver! Not only did I recieve the missing console in our trilogy, I also got decals! My GameCube is no ordinary, plebian console. It is a pink cube of power! (Click on it! Click, damn you! Marvel at the beauty of my machine!)
I also got an extra "Party" controller (in a festive blue color), and something I hope to god is a microphone and not a Nintendo vibrator, and Mario Party 7. These all came with the console in what was called a "Party Package". I also received the two games I wanted - Animal Crossing and Legend of Zelda: Windwaker! Yay! And I got two memory cards and a warranty and stuff. All in all, I made out like a bandit! In fact, I think I'm gonna ditch you punks and go play right now! The salvation of Hyrule, erm, I mean, my fictional little sister cannot wait!