1.16.2006

6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

So, today has been a mixed day. Fortunately, the good far outweighs the bad (at the moment) because I'M FINALLY GETTING OVER BEING SICK!!!

Granted I'm not well, but I'm ambulatory and almost audible. This is a huge improvement. And this remarkable change was brought about by the use of only four different prescription medications! Joy of joys!

Sarcasm aside, I'm pretty excited about not being sick in the near future. Also, I found out today that I did indeed manage to get straight A's all last semester! Despite the bizzarro class, I pulled it off, somehow. My perfect GPA remains intact, and I am stoked. Go me!

On the downside, I lost my purse. I was accompanying my sister on her house-hunting mission, and I think I put my purse on top of the car to get my niece out of the back seat. Then, my niece abruptly tried to run into the street, so I chased after her, completely forgetting about my purse, and went with my sister (and the midget) into the house. While we were touring the place, I speculate that an oppourtunistic individual of questionable morality happened upon the purse and made off with it. Unfortunately for them, the only thing of monetary value I had in the purse was a $50 American Express gift card. Even my check card and such are worthless, as those accounts have been closed. Unfortunately for me, I lost my keys, my super-cool keychain with mementos from England on it, my driver's license, my Social Security card, a Marilyn Monroe wallet I was rather fond of, and a cool purse. It pains me to know that all of these items which I miss most from my purse will undoubtedly end up in a dumpster someplace. Meh. This is inconvenient, but not a disaster. I should have been paying more attention, but then, I'm also on a lot of medication, so I can't really blame myself.

The other disturbing thing I found today is that mysteriously, all of my classes for next semester have been dropped. This is most puzzling. I'm sure it's just a glitch with financial aid, but I talked to them last week and they assured me nothing was amiss. However, I can't find out anything about it until tomorrow, anyway, so there's no point in getting worked up. I can't imagine that UNT will refuse to take my money, so I'm pretty sure my semester is not in real jeopardy.

And at last...I did it! I listed that damnable Educational Psychology book on eBay, and soon it will become someone else's curse! If you are interested in the book that draws my ire, feel free to check out my listing. Buy it, even! (Bid high - I need the money!)