8.30.2005

Thank You, Mr. Yankovic

I'm really upset and weepy right now, for reasons that would take far too long to explain. And, it would most likely bore you. I just hate being all emotional and stuff. It's annoying. I know it pretty much comes with the territory of being a girl and all, but I've never been good at it.
Oddly enough, during this time of misery and depression, my mental soundtrack seems to be stuck on "Eat It" by Weird 'Al' Yankovic. I'm not even sure how I know that song! (Actually, I'm pretty sure it's my sister's fault...) I suppose it's my defense mechanism against self-pity. It's nigh impossible to take yourself seriously when you've got a parody of a Michael Jackson song(*) running around in your brain.

*The song in question is, of course, "Beat It", but a parody of any of his songs seems...redundant. They're pretty ridiculous without outside help.