6.04.2006

'Twas brilling, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe...

Soooo, for my birthday, I got a lot of really cool stuff, but the item that will no doubt have the greatest impact on you, dear reader(s?) is my new digital camera! But not just any digital camera, I got a Canon PowerShot A540! It's super-cool. I won't bore you with all the details of its spiffiness, and why it's so cool. Just be content in the knowlege that it is in fact awesome, and that my very specific birthday request with detailed instructions were followed by my parents to the letter. *Sniff!* It makes me proud to know I raised them so well!

Also, my friend Olivia, who is a graphic art guru and all-around web expert, taught me some cool new tricks to use in conjunction with my photos! Now, I can do stuff like this: Meet Dante!

Pretty cool, huh? No more pictures stuck up at the top of the blog where they don't make sense!

I also got Paper Mario, a really cool game for the Pink Cube of Power. If you've never played this game, you should check it out. Everything in the game looks like paper cut-outs, but 3D at the same time....um, it's really not something that can be easily described - you just have to see it for yourself. This guy, Hooktail, looks really cool in the game:

I also got to go to the salon and do girly stuff. And Max's family gave me some very nice kitchen equipment, which I really wanted, a blender and a digital kitchen scale. My friends were puzzled, but I was stoked. What can I say? I like to cook!

For my birthday, some friends and I met at the Flying Saucer in Addison for expensive snobby beer (my favorite kind!). It was great! I drank some great beer, saw some great friends, and got to fill up my social meter without traumatizing the introvert in my life!

That's it for now. I'll finish what I started before I go, though:

Jabberwocky, by Lewis Carroll

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, and the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tugley wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He came galumphing back.

"And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brilling, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.