3.27.2006

I'm in!

It's done. I registered for the 3-day and did my first training session this morning. I think the walking part won't be a big deal. There's a sample 24-week training program (I have 28 weeks) that assumes you can walk 3 miles at 3 mph without difficulty. So I went and did that for an hour just to be sure, and it was a piece of cake. Hooray for my iPod because, whew, let me tell you, the intellectual stimulation of walking on a treadmill for an hour is astonishingly low. But if I can stave off the boredom beast, I think I'll be set. Now all I need to do is raise $2200.

Yes, that's right. Let me spell it out for you: two thousand two hundred of your American dollars.
Since I couldn't ask my cousin Andre, I used a calculator and figured that's $314.29/month that I need to raise, on average.

"Gee, that's a lot of money", you say. "Good luck with that", you say.

Not so fast, buck-o! Wouldn't you just love to help me out? Wouldn't it feel good to know you've made a real contribution, that you've done something that will save lives and impact everyone who has been or will be affected by breast cancer? Wouldn't you like to make a difference?

I'll bet you would. Tell your favorite pair of boobs you love them and go here, to my HQ (of DOOM!). Donate today (and tomorrow, too, if you feel like it!). Tell your friends to donate. Send them to my site, or send me their email, so that I may do my own panhandling.

For your convenience, I have also included a link to my fundraising HQ in the sidebar. That way, you can track my progress, and, if you're so inclined, help me reach my goal!