5.08.2007

The Waiting Game

I had the exam to end all exams yesterday, and I can firmly say that I've sworn off Japanese for at least 3 weeks. I have now officially taken all the Japanese classes that are on offer at UNT. For my next language, I think I'll study German. You're laughing, but I'm serious. There are several reasons for this:

I won't actually need to take classes to learn German. I live with someone who speaks German (and was "German Student of the Year" back in high school!) and already owns all the German textbooks. Plus, there are a lot of websites that will teach you German for free! I like this one by the BBC. As motivation, I like lots of German things, like German beer and pretzels! And then, there's always this little guy!

In my recent wanderings on teh interwebs, I found some cool stuff!

Lolcats is the term for funny (sometimes photoshopped) images of cats (and occassionally other animals) with amusing captions. The captions are, as a rule, misspelled and grammatically incorrect, however, there does seem to be a fascinating structure to this kitty pidgin, as some have pointed out. At any rate, if you're looking for a laugh, Google "lolcat" and browse around! Also, you can try searching for "Caturday" on YouTube, if you're more of a compilations person.
Be warned that some lolcat captions contain language that may be objectionable, if you're sensitive to that kind of thing.

I also found Consumatron.net, which is basically some guy that gives little one-minute rants which are sometimes rather insightful, and usually funny, but not in a laugh-out-loud kind of way.


That's about it! Until next time, I'll be here, waiting...